Assistant Construction Manager (Central Valley/East Bay Area)
Company: Meritage Homes
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Responsibilities: Meritage Homes has an opportunity available as
an Assistant Construction Manager for personable individuals ready
to take their careers to the next level! Specifically, the
Assistant Construction Manager will:
- Coordinate, schedule, and inspect all trades and phases of
residential construction activity under the direction of the
- Communicate and enforce safety, swppp, jobsite cleanup,
Meritage quality, and scope of work standards to subcontractors and
- Walk each home twice daily, monitor construction progress, and
verify material deliveries as necessary; elevate areas of concern
to the Construction Manager.
- Coordinate, schedule, and accompany city, utility, and third
- Conduct multiple pre and post closing orientations and
interactions with buyers, including assessing, scheduling,
performing, and supervising warranty repairs.
- Prepare punch lists at various phases of construction, manage
subcontractors to complete work items, and perform and supervise
preparation and detail work as needed prior to completion of home
- Work with the Construction Manager, Area Construction Manager,
Customer Care (Warranty) Department, and Sales Associates as a team
to maximize subcontractor efficiency, maintain strong City
relationships, meet schedules, satisfy Buyers, and deliver a high
quality home.See what one of our Construction Managers has to say
about what it's like to work Construction for Meritage Homes!
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. College
coursework in Construction Management preferred.
- Minimum 2 years residential construction or customer service
experience with some supervisory or project oversight experience
- Understanding of home construction processes, work sequence,
scheduling, and building codes.
- Ability to read and understand architectural, structural,
mechanical, and electrical plans, scopes of work, community
features, and Buyer option selections.
- Basic Microsoft Word and Excel capability. Experience in Hyphen
(BuildPro) a plus.
- Problem and conflict resolution skills, ability to prioritize
work tasks, and teamwork and customer satisfaction orientation is
required. Our application process is simple no long electronic
forms that require more information than youre comfortable
providing. All we ask for is your contact information and a resume.
So if youre interested in learning more, or simply want to find out
if your background is a match, take a minute and apply today!
Overview: Are you looking for an incredible career opportunity?
Then Meritage Homes is the place for you! From the homes we build
to the careers we offer, we believe in quality. ? Meritage Homes is
the ENERGY STAR Partner of The Year in Sustained Excellence for
being a leader in protecting the environment and advancing energy
efficiency in homebuilding. We are looking for candidates who are
excited about furthering their careers, as well as being a part of
an organization that helps people live happier, healthier lives.
With over 100,000 homes built, Meritage Homes is looking for
professionals who are self-starters and want to help our
organization grow by providing new and innovative ideas. When
joining Meritage Homes, you and your career can benefit in several
- A work environment that encourages creativity and innovative
ideas from every level
- An organization that lives by its core values everyday
- Team atmosphere where very individual is considered a vital
- State of the art technology to provide an optimal working
- A competitive pay structure
- Strong benefits
- Flexibility in work-life integration
- Team-oriented environment where all individuals play an
integral role in the company
- Opportunity to further your career in a growing national
- Maintain a competitive drive to be the best#LI-ND1
Keywords: Meritage Homes, Carmichael , Assistant Construction Manager (Central Valley/East Bay Area), Professions , Carmichael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!