Sr. Director - Remote
Company: Magellan Health
Posted on: October 12, 2021
This Sr. Director position will have a specific focus on new
Client onboarding for Magellan's Specialty division. Needs a depth
of understanding of Radiology Benefits Management, process and
workflow development, SQL server concepts, and experience working
with external customers, internal business stakeholders, and
management of staff who will be configuring the systems for new
This is a fully remote position, allowing you to work from the
comfort of your own home.
This position is the Analysis, Process, Design and Quality leader
for a business unit or an operational area within the company. This
role is a unique combination of highly evolved analytical skills
and ability to envision, shape, drive a strategy and be creative in
order to realize ambitious goals on behalf of the business. A
trusted advisor to the business and technical teams who is able to
communicate a clear point of view in strategic discussions with
executive leadership. Remains poised, assertive and decisive under
pressure. Will be included in evaluating potential mergers and
acquisitions and help drive Magellan to become a global leader in
supporting technology to deliver better outcomes to our members.
Leads by example and cultivates “all-in” or “all hands on deck”
mentality. Excels at inspiring, motiving and creating highly
productive teams that create world-class applications. Expert at
attracting, hiring and developing a strong bench of IT Analysts.
Inspires them to continuously improve their craft and capabilities.
A visible leader both internal and external to Magellan who
communicates the vision across the organization. Possess a wide
range of competencies such as critical thinking, visualization and
modeling techniques. Partners with teams across the organization to
identify business process improvements and translates them to
systems improvement focusing on scale, efficiency, and automation.
Champion of strong analysis, design, testing methods and
utilization of scientific approaches such as Critical Thinking,
Lean Management, ITIL, Design Thinking and structured systems
analysis and design. Establishes and refines metrics for key
processes to deliver measurably differentiated business outcomes.
Advocates strategic business and engineering needs from customers’
perspective. Fosters user-centric design culture, values, and
principles throughout the organization. Clarifies design and team
understanding of project’s vision and their role in its execution.
Ensure alignment of design with the overall goals of the
- Partner with teams across the organization to identify business
process improvements and translate them to systems improvement
focusing on scale, efficiency, business system
configuration and automation.
- Gather business requirements and partner with teams to manage
deliverables, testing and validation, roll-out and training, triage
and resolution of issues.
- Champion utilization of scientific approaches such as Critical
Thinking, Lean Management, ITIL, Design Thinking and structured
systems analysis and design.
- Establish, track, measure and refine metrics for key processes
to deliver measurably differentiated business outcomes.
- Maintain data integrity across multiple systems and identify
and resolve inconsistencies.
- Communicate across functions and act as a trusted advisor to
business and technical teams.
- Advocate strategic business and engineering needs from
customers’ perspective. Foster user-centric design culture, values,
and principles throughout the organization.
- Clarify design and team understanding of project’s vision and
their role in its execution. Align design with the overall goals of
- Communicate the vision across the organization. Oversee and
push strong analysis, design and testing methods and
- Mentor and empower the IT Analysis team to deliver great
products; inspire them to continuously improve their craft and
- Hire, develop, grow, engage, motivate and manage managers and
- Develop, mentor and coach the next generation of leaders.
- Experience in Health care, PBM or insurance industries.
- Experience dealing with ambiguity, solve complex problems and
scale effectively across a large organization and highly
- Experience working with industry standard claims, billing or
- 12+ years of related experience, including experience working
with Agile and Lean methods.
- Should have moved across different departments within IT to
gain a broader perspective of the business/industry. Relevant
- Demonstrated Complex Problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated use of modeling and visualization techniques.
- Ability to solve highly strategic and difficult business
- Demonstrated ability to coach, develop leaders and build skills
within the team.
- Success leading
cross-functional projects from inception to implementation.
- Demonstrated utilization of Critical Thinking and Problem
- Demonstrated financial acumen.
- Ability to navigate business organizations, managing multiple
cross-functional stakeholders, and negotiating optimal solutions
across all parties.
- Experience with identifying and establishing relevant
Sr. Director - Remote
A Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered.
(Required), Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required),
Certifications - Required
Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, Carmichael , Sr. Director - Remote, Other , Carmichael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!