Company: Dignity Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Dignity Health Mercy San Juan Medical Center is a 370-bed
not-for-profit Level 2 Trauma Center located in Carmichael,
California, serving the areas of north Sacramento County and south
Placer County for more than 50 years. It is one of the area's
largest and most comprehensive medical centers. Dedicated to the
community's well-being, our staff and volunteers provide excellence
in care for our patients each year. Mercy San Juan Medical Center
has received recognition for being a Comprehensive Stroke Center
and Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery, along with
Certificates of Excellence in Perinatal Care, Hip- and Knee-
- The incumbent demonstrates competency in occupational therapy
for pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients as applicable for the
site/level of care of employment. the incumbent provides patient
assessment, develops and implements individual patient treatment
programs, provides therapeutic interventions utilizing current and
effective methodologies, and maintains effective
- Previous experience as an occupational therapist is preferred
and the incumbent is required to exhibit the following knowledge,
skills, and abilities.
- This position requires graduation from an accredited school of
Occupational Therapy and certification or eligibility for
certification by the National Board for Certification in
Occupational Therapy, Inc.
- California License, or eligibility, to practice Occupational
- CA License, or eligibility, to practice Occupational
- AHA BLS
- Current occupational therapy techniques, standards, principles,
- Human anatomy and physiology with emphasis on musculoskeletal,
circulatory, and nervous systems
- Medical terminology.
- Proper body mechanics.
- Infection control procedures.
- Assess patient condition based upon sound pathophysiological
- Develop and implement appropriate patient treatment plan
- Complete and maintain records of Occupational Therapy
observations, treatments, and actions.
- Plan and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship with
physicians, nursing staff, and other hospital personnel.
- Maintain the confidentiality of medical information.
- Fully meet the obligations of the Mission and Philosophy of
Mercy San Juan Hospital.
- Flexibility to work within a changing health care
- Interact in a professional and courteous manner with all
persons on the hospital campus at all times.
Keywords: Dignity Health, Carmichael , Occupational Therapist, Other , Carmichael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!