Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Company: Eskaton Care Center Manzanita
Posted on: June 17, 2022
*** $1,500 Sign-On Bonus! Some restrictions apply ******
Starting at $20.00/hour! ***Eskaton is a nonprofit senior services
provider serving Northern California's older adults for over 50
years. With over 2,000 employees and 36+ properties in Northern
California, Eskaton is a great company to join and build a solid
career with.Certified in 2022 as "A Great Place to Work," Eskaton
genuinely cares about the financial security, health and well-being
of their staff members. In addition to competitive pay and
comprehensive benefits that include a company-funded retirement
program, Eskaton employees appreciate knowing their work makes a
real difference in the community and in the lives they touch.Our
Benefits include but are not limited to...
- Wellness programs upon hire
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Plan, including dental and vision coverage
- Company paid life insurance
- Retirement Plan, 100% company funded / minimum account balance
$4,000 (Minimum eligibility requirements apply)
- Paid Time Off programs
- Voluntary benefits & supplemental insurance availableThis
position is eligible for Eskaton's health benefits package the
first of the month following 60 days of employment and Paid Time
Off benefits program after 90 days of employment. Position
Summary:The Certified Nurse Assistant provides personal care,
nursing assistance, and other assigned tasks to residents. This
position provides direct resident care, assists in daily living
activities, provides resident documentation and evaluation. Duties
and assignments may be adjusted at the discretion of the
supervising nurse or the Director of Nursing based on the
evaluation of the resident's needs.Position Responsibilities
- Provides or assists residents in bathing/showering for thorough
cleanliness and hygiene. Also provides or assists with grooming and
hygiene of residents (i.e. shaving, oral hygiene, cleaning,
trimming finger/toenails) in a safe and thorough manner on a daily
- Makes beds, straightens rooms, and keeps resident care areas in
an organized manner.
- Assists residents in dressing when needed and demonstrates
concern for individual privacy while providing resident care.
- Provides safe resident transfers involving bed, wheelchair,
chair and/or shower chair.
- Demonstrates ability to assist with toileting in a safe and
thorough manner, as indicated in resident's plan of care.
- Promotes independence in resident care as appropriate and
demonstrates awareness of safety for both residents and the
individuals providing care.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and
respirations as required.
- Assists residents with simple range of motion or other
exercises as directed by nurse or therapist and ambulates residents
safely according to his/her endurance levels.
- Applies medical or adaptive devices as ordered by the
appropriate supervising nurse.
- Makes rounds to ensure residents' safety, comfort, medical
attention every hour or as required by the patient.
- Collects specimens as directed.
- Completes the weighing of each resident as required.
- Sets up meal tray and assists with feeding as necessary.
Assesses for choking and responds appropriately.
- Participates in development of resident's plan of care and
follows current plan of care.
- Promptly reports a change in conditions of residents.
- Demonstrates knowledge of standard precautions and proper use
of gloves, gowns, masks, eye protection and linen handling.
QualificationsEducation:High school graduation or G.E.D.,
preferred. Possession of a valid California Certified Nurse
Assistant certification. Proficient ability to communicate orally
and in writing.Training and Experience:Six months experience in
providing personal care in a long term care facility preferred.Job
Knowledge:Possesses knowledge in performing personal care services
in a skilled nursing facility, and has the ability to meet new
and/or stressful situations with the appropriate responses, to work
effectively as part of a healthcare team, and to share information
freely. Is able to use and seek supervision and consultation
verbally and in writing, and to follow both verbal and written
instructions.The final candidate must successfully pass Eskaton's
post offer, pre-employment testing which includes a criminal
background check, drug test, COVID test, TB screen test and health
screen.Eskaton is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender
identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.Licenses &
- Certified Nurse Assistant
Keywords: Eskaton Care Center Manzanita, Carmichael , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Healthcare , Carmichael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!