Occupational Therapy Assistant
Company: Common Spirit
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Dignity Health Mercy San Juan Medical Center is a 370-bed
not-for-profit Level 2 Trauma Center located in Carmichael,
California, serving the areas of north Sacramento County and south
Placer County for more than 50 years. It is one of the area's
largest and most comprehensive medical centers. Dedicated to the
community's well-being, our staff and volunteers provide excellence
in care for our patients each year. Mercy San Juan Medical Center
has received recognition for being a Comprehensive Stroke Center
and Center of Excellence for Bariatric Surgery, along with
Certificates of Excellence in Perinatal Care, Hip- and Knee-
The Assistant provides direct and indirect physical therapy or
occupational therapy services under the supervision and direction
of a licensed physical therapist or registered occupational
therapist. Services include implementation of patient treatment
programs planned by a Licensed Physical Therapist or registered
occupational therapist. The assistant implements patient treatment
programs planned by an Physical Therapist or occupational
therapist, provides objective feedback on patient's performance,
assists in the development and enhancement of therapeutic
environment, and participation in program development and quality
improvement activities as appropriate. The Assistant demonstrates
competency in the treatment of general rehabilitation population,
including pediatrics, adult and geriatric patients depending upon
the site/level of care.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
* Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
* Flexible spending accounts
* Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
* Adoption Assistance
* Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for
children and/or dependent adults
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
* Retirement Programs
* Wellness Programs
* Experience as a Physical Therapy assistant or Occupational
* Graduation from an approved Physical Therapy Assistant program or
Occupational Therapy Assistant program. Or successfully passing the
equivalency examination and California licensure/eligibility as a
physical therapy assistant or eligibility for certification by the
National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. and
a California License, or eligibility, to practice Occupational
* Physical or Occupational Therapy Assistant
* BLS (AHA)
* Understand and apply physical therapy or occupational therapy
theories as a framework for treatment.
* Develop and implement appropriate patient treatment plan.
* Complete and maintain records of Physical Therapy or Occupational
Therapy observations, treatments, and actions.
* Plan and organize work effectively and efficiently.
* Develop and maintain a cooperative working relationship with
physicians, nursing staff, and other hospital personnel.
* Maintain the confidentiality of medical information.
* Fully meet the obligations of the Mission and Philosophy of
* Flexibility to work within a changing health care
* Pursue progressive level of expertise by independent study,
conferencing education courses, in-service participation etc.
* Knowledge of: Current physical therapy or Occupational therapy
techniques, standards, principles, and procedures.
* Human anatomy and physiology with emphasis on musculoskeletal,
circulatory, and nervous systems, medical terminology.
* Proper body mechanics, infection control procedures.
Keywords: Common Spirit, Carmichael , Occupational Therapy Assistant, Healthcare , Carmichael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!